Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Trine University invites applications for a faculty position in the Department of Physical Therapy. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in the areas of physiology and pathophysiology. The 12-month positions will begin in 2013/2014, with the exact date to be determined by mutual agreement. Faculty rank will be based on experience.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Required Education: Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Location: Fort Wayne, IN
The Trine University Doctor of Physical Therapy program in Fort Wayne will address a significant regional need for outstanding graduates and is being strongly supported by the region’s two largest health systems. Classes are scheduled to begin in August 2014.
As part of the Life Science Education and Research Consortium of Northeast Indiana this program will be housed in newly renovated, state of the art facilities on Parkview Hospital’s Randallia campus, near downtown Fort Wayne. These facilities will also be home to the Occupational Therapy Doctorate program being developed by Huntington University. The consortium is committed to generating a world-class center with a focus on rehabilitation, senior care and behavioral health.
Candidates with a desire to participate in the development and implementation of a high quality, evidence based, and student centered curriculum are encouraged to apply. Teaching in the areas of physiology and pathophysiology are the greatest need, but depending on individual qualifications and interests, opportunities exist for teaching in related areas such as anatomy, human growth and development, pharmacology and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
The School of Health Sciences is committed to educational excellence, producing outstanding graduates, and making a positive impact on the health care needs of our communities through service, leadership and scholarship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities +
As a core member of the DPT program faculty, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design, planning, and assessment of the curriculum; teaching, advising and mentoring students; and engaging in scholarship and service activities.
A PhD in physiology or a related field and demonstrated excellence in college level teaching, preferably at the graduate level; evidence of ability to successfully engage in research and the peer-reviewed dissemination of results.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Outstanding benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and sick pay – in accordance with Trine′s policy
- Free golf at the university′s Zollner Golf Course, an 18-hole championship course
- Employee discount at Whitney Commons dining hall and Tgear store
- Privileges at Trine′s library
Send letter of interest, detailed resume and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.