This position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The position requires competencies in server hardware, Windows domains, server virtualization, IIS, SCCM, ISA, Microsoft Exchange and server backup solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, install, configure and update physical and virtual Windows based servers.
- Monitor and maintain file and application servers.
- Troubleshoot problems with networks, web services, mail services, applications software, desktop/server relationship issues and overall aspects of a server environment
- Manage and maintain Microsoft Exchange cluster.
- Manage server backups and data restores.
- Administer VMware vSphere and vCenter environments.
- Package and Deploy software via Microsoft SCCM.
- Maintain broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages and hardware
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new technologies
- Manage projects and vendor relationships
- Provide backup support for network administration
- Assist Help Desk with client support as needed
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in a Systems Administration function
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange, VMWare ESX, vCenter, ISA, SCCM, IIS, Backup Exec, and SANS
- Experience configuring and maintain iSCSI and Fiber channel SAN’s
- Working knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Experience with installation, tailoring, and configuring client PC’s
- Knowledge of networking and networking hardware
- Exposure to one or more of the following; Linux (RedHat/SUSE/Ubuntu), Visual Basic Script, HP ProCurve, firewalls, wireless, Mac workstations in a windows Domain
- Works under general supervision; reporting to the CIO. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals independently
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to mange projects and handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & all associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude
- Bachelor degree in MIS or Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Certifications: MCSA, MCSE or MCITP desired
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our great nation.