Information Service Librarian
Information Service Librarian
Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Location: Angola, IN
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
Trine University seeks a dynamic and resourceful individual with teaching, technology, and collaboration skills to participate as a member of its leadership team in the development and delivery of innovative and quality services. This position offers an excellent opportunity to contribute in a wide range of information, instructional, and technology functions, work with great faculty and students, and to help a small academic library achieve its fullest potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities +
- Serve as lead librarian for public services (reference and instruction)
- Manage access services (circulation, reserves, and interlibrary loan) and archives
- Serve as liaison librarian for the Jannen School of Arts and Sciences (criminal justice, psychology, pre-law, chemistry, biology, forensic science, pre-med, mathematics, informatics, communication, music, English)
- Serve as liaison librarian for the School of Professional Studies Northwest Region (Logansport, Schererville, South Bend) and for The Language Center (English as a Second Language program)
- Serve as Instructor Coordinator, assigning and scheduling bibliographic instruction sessions and information literacy programs for general education courses
In primary areas of responsibility, provide leadership and participate in:
- Planning and assessment
- Policy making and process improvement
- Professional development (service, scholarship)
As a team librarian, share the following on-campus and remote teaching and consultative responsibilities:
- Education (Reference, Instruction, Information Literacy)
- Outreach and Marketing
- Collection Development
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent degree (e.g. MIS)
- Strong commitment to professional development and customer service
- Effectiveness in organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills
- Relevant professional experience in teaching and instructional design
- Academic library experience in public and / or access services
- Experience with integrated library systems and library technologies (e.g. OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan)
- Knowledge of intellectual property and copyright issues
Outstanding Benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine’s policy
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.