Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Location: Angola, IN
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete instructional technology projects.
- Experience with administering online courses, preferably in Moodle.
- Knowledge of widely-used hardware, software, applications, resources, and techniques within an academic environment.
- Experience with web authoring tools, web-based collaboration environments, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks, and provide services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer services skills.
- Ability to interface creatively with individuals across a broad spectrum of backgrounds and expertise.
- Willingness to travel to remote campuses to resolve classroom concerns and hold training sessions for SPS faculty and staff.
- Willingness to be available 24/7 to support the needs of SPS faculty, staff, and students.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
The School of Professional Studies Technology Manager provides coordinated leadership in support of the school's technology related functions. Represents the instructional, simulation, and teaching needs/interests of the faculty. Faculty support for all SPS courses utilizing Moodle, the university’s Learning Management System (LMS). Collaborates with the Dean and faculty to identify, develop, and support technologies that will enhance learning in off-campus and distance based courses in support of the school’s strategic objective of using technological innovation to advance the academic mission of the school. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of School of Professional Studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities +
- Manages the Moodle Certification Course for online instructors.
- Identifies, selects, and implements (in cooperation with IT) collaboration tools, security programs, and assessment tools for the Trine Virtual Campus (TVC).
- Respond to and investigate SPS tickets assigned to the Academic Technology Help Desk queue, including requests sent via email.
- Create end user documentation related to SPS technology needs, for faculty, staff, students, or guests.
- Identifies opportunities to implement new technologies for online learning.
- Manages the introduction of technology at all new and existing School of Professional Studies (SPS) campuses.
- Conducts technology training for all SPS staff.
- Provide training and support to faculty in the effective use of new and current technologies.
- Conducts training and identifies educational applications for iPads.
- Manages and identifies opportunities for improving the school’s eTextbook initiative.
- Provides Help Desk ticket support during peak user periods such as Semester starts.
- Moodle administrator for the university LMS, create and maintain courses for SPS needs
- Moodle point of contact for all SPS courses / instructors, assist with all requests or issues with SPS courses
- Trouble-shoot front-end technical issues in Moodle for faculty and students
- Coordinate / implement new technology at branch campus locations
- Work with Campus Directors to ensure classroom technology meets academic needs of students by routine maintenance and resolving issues
- Work with Help Desk to address / resolve any technology requests or concerns with SPS staff or branch campuses
- Oversee the student ID process, submission of photos, printing and distribution of ID cards
- Coordinate / contribute / edit bi-monthly newsletter for all SPS locations
Job Requirements +
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outstanding Benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine’s policy
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.