MSL Healthcare Systems Studies Concentration
The Master of Science in Leadership Healthcare Systems Studies concentration will empower students with in-depth knowledge, technical and business skills necessary to lead the administration of ethical delivery, regulation, sustainability and accountability of healthcare systems.
Content and Goals
- Envisioning approaches and solutions to management practices and challenges within healthcare delivery systems that reflect equity and utilitarian value.
- Laws and regulations that drive and constrain healthcare administration and delivery systems.
- Exploration of the ethical issues confronted by healthcare administrators.
- Designing comprehensive, sustainable approaches to marketing and financial management of healthcare delivery organizations.
- Learners will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be an effective leader within the healthcare community.
If you want to expand your understanding of leadership within hospitals, medical centers, community clinics, health departments and the balance of healthcare settings, or if you're currently employed as a healthcare organization administrator, operations manager, clinical supervisor, or office managers, then this concentration may be for you.
Healthcare Systems Studies will support the 16 percent increase in leadership positions in this service industry projected by the U.S. Department of Labor over the next decade (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2010). Specifically, in northeast Indiana, significant expansion of three regional health centers (Parkview North, Fort Wayne; Lutheran, Fort Wayne; Cameron Memorial Community Hospital, Angola) and increasing numbers of home health care and nursing care organizations will expand the need for individuals with visionary leadership and understanding of sector demands to use these skills. According to the Indiana Health Industry Forum (2008), 156 health and life sciences companies were reportedly located in the seven-county region of northeast Indiana, up from 103 two years prior.
Take control of your career. Apply today.