Winning begins off the field with athletic managers and coaches who develop successful programs. The Trine University School of Professional Studies Master of Science in Leadership Sport Management concentration will empower students with in-depth knowledge, leadership, and management skills necessary to demonstrate and maintain accountability for professional standards, practices and ethics in collegiate, semi-professional, amateur and professional athletics.
To ensure success, this concentration will focus on:
- Empowering athletic managers and coaches to enhance athletic experiences for participants, spectators, and communities
- Analyzing the characteristics of sport marketing
- Evaluating best practices and innovations in professional sport marketing
- Preparing to strategically plan and manage risk
- Equiping athletic administrators to maintain facilities and equipment
Sport minded individuals that are seeking opportunities to grow in the area of intercollegiate and semi-professional and professional sports industry, and those who would like to secure a professional coaching and athletics facility management job should pursue the concentration.
The need for this learning opportunity spans to any athletic administration or coaching professional who wishes to pursue advanced athletic administration knowledge and skills.Because the concentration is structured for delivery both as part of the Master of Science in Leadership and as a stand-alone certificate program, individuals who wish to increase their employment ranking in public or private schools can pursue the MSL, while those who just desire the advanced content-area knowledge and CAA certification can pursue the graduate certificate.