What do Civil Engineers do?
Civil Engineers design many of the facilities that we use every day, such as roads, buildings, and bridges. Civil Engineers also design dams and water and waste water treatment plants. If you enjoy getting out of the office, civil engineering could be for you, since most civil engineers are also very involved in the construction of these facilities.
Firms hiring recent graduates include:
- Michigan Department of Transportation: Transportation Engineer
- Indiana Department of Transportation: Transportation Engineer
- Nucor Building Systems in Waterloo, IN: Structural Design Engineer
- Engineering Resources Inc. in Ft. Wayne, IN: Structural Design Engineer
- Office of the City Engineer in Archbold, Ohio: Civil Engineer
- City of Ft. Wayne Utilities Department in Ft. Wayne, IN : Civil Engineer
- Corporate Construction, Inc. in Auburn, IN: Project Manager/Estimator
- Cross Roads Engineers in Indianapolis, IN: Civil Engineer
- Marathon Ashland Petroleum of Ohio: Pipeline Engineer
- American Structurepoint in Indianapolis, IN: Civil Engineer
- Patriot Engineering in Fort Wayne, IN: Geotechnical Engineer
- Lawon-Fisher Associates in South Bend, IN: Civil Engineer
- Cives Steel Company in Wolcott, IN: Civil Engineer
- Miller Brothers Construction in Archbold, Ohio: Civil Engineer
- Commonwealth Associates, Inc. in Jackson, MI : Civil Engineer
- Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. in Indianapolis, IN: Environmental and Hydraulic Engineers
- Brooks Construction Company , Inc in Goshen, IN: Project Manager
- Vulcraft in St. Joe, IN: Engineering Manager and Design Engineer
- Ter Horst, Lamson & Fisk, Inc. in Indianapolis, IN: Structural Engineer
- Alt & Witzig Engineering, Inc. in Carmel, IN: Project Engineer
- Butler, Fairman and Seufert in Indianapolis, IN: Airport Engineer
How is the job market?
Trine civil engineering students are in great demand. In recent years, our job placement for Trine civil engineers has been exceptional! In fact, during the economic slow-down of 2001, our 19 graduates had a total of 46 job offers! Our students are working in major cities and small towns throughout the US.