Degree Course Requirements
The curriculum requires the completion of 120 hours of course work. The average course load is 15-16 hours based on eight semesters.
Bachelor of Arts - General Studies Self-Designed Major – 120 hours
General Education - 42 hours
Written Communication – 6 hrs.
Oral Communication – 3 hrs.
Social Science & Humanities – 12 hrs.
Mathematics & Science – 10 hrs.
Other - 11 hrs.
General Social Studies Concentration - 48 hours
15 - 30 hours must be taken from two to three different academic departments at the 300 level or higher.
GS 4003 Senior Capstone Project – 3 hrs.
Additional - 30 hours
Electives – 29 hrs.
UE 101 - 1 hr.
- Students shall be prepared for law school admission and have a sound foundation for legal studies.
- Students will attain a breadth and depth of the knowledge of social sciences.
- Students will experience the day-to-day requirements of practitioners in their chosen fields through internships.
- Students will understand the ethical behavior patterns demanded in professional conduct.
- The student will have skills necessary for good citizenship.