Casey R. Pierce
- BS in Design Engineering Technology
- AS in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Technology
Activities involved in while at Trine:
- Active Member in Delta Chi social Fraternity
- Trine University Track & Field
- Campus Tour Guide
- Various Intramural sports/activities
Current Trine University involvement:
- Chairman of the DET Industrial Advisory Board
Current position and title:
Head of Supplier Management - Asia
iwis drive system, LLC.
Projects and Objectives as a Quality Engineer:
Creating a quality inspection method that will be used across the board (Customer, iwis, iwis-supplier) that achieves repeatable data at each location for acceptable parts.
- Creating and sustaining quality systems within iwis-USA as well as standardizing all process between each of the iwis Industrial Groups (Iwis USA, Munich, Wilnsdorf, and Sontra)
- Participation in creating an audit based on criteria that iwis deems critical to supplier development and sustainability for the iwis Industrial Group.
- Design Engineering support for new engineering class chains and sprockets.
- Oversee quality documentation acceptance from our customers for product acceptance.
Projects for Iwis in global operations as the Head of Supplier Management - Asia:
- Directly involved with the selection, assessment, auditing, approving, and monitoring of suppliers. This will help iwis gain a competitive advantage over its competitors. This will allow new products to be quoted, and present vital cost opportunities for both the customer and iwis.
- Support suppliers in gaining compliance with ISO9001 type audits as well as introducing them to quality standards like APQP, PPAP, MSA, etc.
- Oversees critical projects and develops them with suppliers representing major business for all of the iwis industrial group.
- Oversee the training and development of the iwis quality team that is stationed within our major suppliers.
- Audit our suppliers based on process verification and validation based on the iwis auditing criteria.
- Continued participation in the collaborative optimizing of intra-company and across company processes
Casey Pierce Facilitating a corporate meeting in China for IWIS