| FAFSA on the Web
Interested in completing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online?
The Ofice of Financial Aid at Trine University encourages students to complete their FAFSA online to receive thef increased benefits of the online process.
These benefits include:
- Electronic filing can be 7-14 days faster than filing a paper application.
- Online help is available for each question.
- FAFSA on the Web has an automatic edit check that finds errors on your application and prompts you to fix them.
- Calculations are performed automatically.
- After you complete the FAFSA online, you will get a confirmation number that proves you submitted the application.
- If you submit the FAFSA online, you can use your PIN number to check the status of your FAFSA.
- Students receive email copies of their Student Aid Report.
The 2008-09 FAFSA on the Web (FOTW) worksheet is available.
It is also available for students to print, in both the English and the Spanish language. Because the order of the questions, while completing the FAFSA online , are somewhat different than the paper FAFSA, the Department of Education stresses the importance for students who plan to apply online to use the pre-application worksheet instead of a paper FAFSA. Please download this form when completing the FOTW.
If you plan to submit your FAFSA online, first obtain a PIN (personal identification number) by going to http://www.pin.ed.gov/. If you are a dependent student, you and a parent will each need your own PIN. You will use your PIN to sign the FAFSA. As of January 1, 2008, PIN numbers are issued in real-time, so expect to recieve your PIN number immediately. To complete the FOTW, go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
For further assistance in completing your FAFSA, click here.