Student Government works collaboratively with students and college administrators to create positive changes in the Trine University community.
What do you need in order to get involved?
- Complete an information sheet
- Email a statement of interest
- Email a photo
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member to the Office of Student Services
- Submit a petition with 50 student name [ PDF ] to the Office of Student Services
- Participate in candidate presentations
- Come to our weekly meetings and be a part of the conversation.
Executive Board Member Positions:
- Vice President
- Publicity Director
- 2 positions from each class (freshman, sophomore, junior)
- 2 positions from each school (JSOAS, KSB, ASOET, FSOE, SHS, International)
Why get involved?
Student Government at Trine University has worked for the past year to revise the Constitution and By-Laws to become a group that actively works to:
- Represent the student body
- Provide student feedback to administration
- Coordinate and assist in the funding of the government and student organizations.
- Foster an active and engaged membership within the campus and local communities.
- Support the mission of Trine University
What are the benefits of getting involved?
Students involved in Student Government enhance time management, communication and organizational skills. Student leaders learn about the university, event planning, financial management, marketing and the value of teamwork in action. You also get to play an integral role in the development of Trine University by interacting with staff, faculty, and students throughout the University.
For more information about getting involved in Student Government, please contact Director of Student Leadership & Service at 260.665.4147.