Friends and Family. It's a Trine thing.

Your Success is Our Success

Trine University remains committed to cultivating diversity, inclusion, and fairness. As a leading private institution of higher education, Trine fosters a culture of understanding, growth and inquiry; values the diverse qualities of its students, faculty and staff; promotes an inclusive environment free of discrimination and intolerance; and welcomes everyone.                     

Trine will not allow discrimination and will continue to grant admission and provide educational opportunities without regard to race, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion or veteran status. The culture of Trine University dictates that these same standards of acceptance apply to all faculty, staff, alumni and community members.

Trine University responds to individual requests for accessibility improvements in regards to facilities. Constant efforts are also made to improve access overall for students, faculty, staff and visitors; maintain accessible features; inform users of accessible facilities and routes; move services and classes to accessible locations with notice; and respond to individual requests in a timely way.

In design of new facilities and renovation projects, compliance with all accessibility of the Indiana Building Code, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) is the goal of all campus planning efforts.

Facilities and their accessibility are overseen by the Senior Vice President. Individual requests regarding accessibility issues should be directed to the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator, Kathie L. Wentworth, M.Ed., at 260.665.4853 or

The goal of Academic Support Services is to assist all students to become efficient, self-confident, and independent learners.

A student with an academic disability who plans to request accommodations needs to contact Kathie L. Wentworth, M.Ed., Director, academic support services at (260) 665-4853 or for more information or to schedule an appointment.

The student needs to provide a reasonable level of documentation of the disability. Documentation typically includes a diagnosis of the disability, an explanation of how the condition affects the student’s ability to function in an academic setting, examples of academic adjustments that are recommended, and an explanation of how the disability relates to these adjustments. If the condition being documented is not stable, the documentation should be less than three years old. Documentation from a professional source such as a school psychologist, educational diagnostician, a licensed private psychologist, or a medical doctor may be required.

The provision of documentation does not guarantee that the requested academic adjustments will be provided. Trine reserves the right to select among equally effective and appropriate adjustments that will provide the student with a disability equal access to its programs. In addition to providing documentation of a disability, the student needs to request academic adjustments by completing an application for disability support services.

You can access the application for disability services here [ word doc ].

Academic adjustments implemented depend on the disability of the student. Each circumstance is considered on an individual basis. It is important for the student with a disability to understand that academic adjustments will in no way lower or waive essential requirements of an academic program.

If the student’s disability will impact housing location, contact the director of housing at 260.665.4646 for additional information.

Seven steps to complete to receive academic adjustments for a disability

  • Indicate the need for academic adjustments by notifying Academic Support Services.
  • Complete the Trine University Disability Support Services Application form.*
  • Sign Authorization for Release of Information on the back of the application form.*
  • Provide adequate documentation.
  • Qualify for academic adjustments.
  • Complete a conference with Academic Support Services.
  • Schedule appointments with all professors during the first two weeks of the semester.

*All forms are available in academic support services in the UC.

Section 504 coordinator info

The coordinator’s duties include the following:

  1. Reviewing documentation for requests for reasonable accommodations (please note that requests for accommodations in student housing should still be presented initially to the director of housing, however, Kathie is available to consult on housing accommodation requests);
  2. Accepting and assisting in investigating any grievances filed by students who believe they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability;
  3. Assist in coordinating the efforts of the University to comply with Section 504 and related disability laws;
  4. Maintaining data and assisting in preparation of notices and reports necessary for University compliance with Section 504 and related disability laws.

Section 504 grievance procedure

It is the policy of Trine University not to discriminate on the basis of disability. Trine University has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 794), or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services regulations implementing the Act. Click here to access the complete grievance procedure document.

Contact Information
Kathie L. Wentworth, M.Ed.  
Director, Academic Support Services Developmental Education Specialist
ADA/Section 504 Coordinator 260.665.4853 or