Ten Companies Seeking Fall 2012 Co-ops
here to see ten companies
who want YOU for fall 2012.
FAQ’s Cooperative Education
What is co-op?
- Academic program
- Alternates semesters of study and major-related employment
- Requires three semesters of employment with one company
- May earn 3 credit hours
Who is eligible?
- Full-time students
- Minimum GPA 2.4
- 30 credit hours completed
Does it delay graduation?
- Yes, graduation may be delayed one semester or one year depending on when you start the position and the number of credits you have earned.
Why would I want to delay graduation?Upon graduation with cooperative education you have a minimum of 45 weeks of major related experience
- You have a competitive advantage over non-co-op students
- Co-op students tend to start full-time employment at higher salaries
- May earn company benefits from co-op terms
- Earn a competitive salary
- Meet professionals working in your major
- Apply what you learn in the classroom
- Special distinction noted on the diploma and at graduation
How do I find a co-op job?
- Register on www.trinecareers.org
- Download and complete co-op application from document library
- Meet with Co-op Coordinator to review prospective employers
- Attend career fairs, information sessions
- Network with professors, alums, family and friend
- Click Here - Application for co-op employment
The work assignments have helped me develop my analytical mindset and have enhanced my ability to think like an engineer
Hope Glor, ChE 2013, Parker Engineered Seals
One of the things I have learned is the people part of engineering and how to be focused on people can make work much more productive and enjoyable.
Sawyer Miller, ME 2014, Therma Tru
Co-op summary with benefits and instructions for finding co-op positions.
Click Here - Overview Co-op 2010-2011
Co-op Application Co-op Application for Career Services