Adjunct Professor - Design Engineering TechnologyEmployee Type: Part Time Required Education: Trine University is looking for qualified candidates who have at minimum, a Master's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or other degree related field. Location: Online
Trine University invites applications for part-time Adjunct positions instructing in the Engineering Technology field. The Design Engineering Technology instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring students satisfaction through the online setting and according to the program objectives.
- Must be able to teach design theory and applications in the following subject matter areas (but not limited to): research and development, manufacturing, statics and dynamics, kinematics, CNC, SolidWorks, NX, and material testing.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum.
- Participates in retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Excellent written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Professional industry or business experience in the subject area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the Internet, and Moodle Learning Management System.
- Experience teaching online at the college level
Selected candidates must have a computer with latest operating system (Windows 7 or equivalent), and uninterrupted high-speed internet access for purpose of conducting course, responding to students needs and requests (on a daily basis) and communicating with Trine University faculty and staff. Competence with and/or willingness to learn with Internet technology and applications, i.e. virtual meetings, online learning management systems, online course software.
Salary is prorated based on the number of credit hours taught and the number of students registered for the class being taught.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.