Adjunct Professor - Micro EconomicsEmployee Type: Part Time Required Education: A minimum of a master's degree in related field is required. A PhD in related field preferred. Professional experience also preferred. Location: Angola, IN
Trine University is seeking a part-time instructor to organize and teach two courses in micro economics. This course introduces the theories of demand and supply and price determination in market economies. It also covers the study of individual consumers and producers, different market structures and the distribution of income.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication, interpersonal and written skills
- Knowledgeable in economic theories and application
- Prepare and present course material for students
- Evaluate and provide feedback to students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is prorated based on the number of credit hours taught and the number of students registered for the class being taught.
Candidates should apply online with the following: a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information.