Assistant/Associate Professor of Design Engineering TechnologyEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Qualifications: The position requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or Mechanical engineering. A Master's Degree in engineering or a closely related field if required. Preference will be given to those with a Ph.D in engineering or engineering technology.
The Department of Engineering Technology invites applications for a permanent, full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank. The department offers an established Design Engineering Technology degree program producing over 30 graduates each year with 100 percent placement rates during the previous 2 years.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have industrial experience and the ability to teach a wide variety of undergraduate engineering technology courses including statics, strength of materials, SolidWorks, NX, Machine Design, Mechanisms, DFMA, and Mold Design. Preference will be given to applicants having relevant expertise and the ability to teach plastics technology courses and labs. Excellent English communication ability is a must. This position is a teaching position; hence, a strong commitment to teaching is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- .Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications. In lieu of tenure, the University offers term contracts from one to five years, depending on academic rank and years of service.
Interested candidates should include, curriculum vita and list of at least three references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.