Assistant Professor - Education
Job OverviewEmployee Type: Full Time Required Education: Doctorate preferred Location: Angola, IN Experience: Minimum 3 years of U.S. public school teaching or record of collaboration and a strong commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate level.
Salary: Salary will be based on qualifications.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Trine University invites applications for a full-time position in the Franks School of Education beginning August 2014. The Franks School of Education positions its teacher education graduates to be effective K-12 educators through the incorporation of extensive clinical experiences and utilizing performance-based measures for assessing teacher candidates' readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses related to curriculum and instruction and elementary education courses with an emphasis on reading/literacy.
- Knowledge of developmental and/or corrective reading programs and the latest trends in technology in education required.
- Position also includes academic advising and supervision of field experiences and student teachers.
- Candidate must have a clear understanding of the function of teacher education programs including professional mentoring and current research in teacher education.
- Ongoing collaboration with colleagues and school partners is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.
Candidates should attach a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to applyTrine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.