Assistant Professor of Criminal JusticeEmployee Type: Full Time Required Education: A PhD/JD or, at a minimum, a MS/MA degree in history, law or closely related field with teaching experience is required (with preference being given to the candidate holding a PhD/JD). The successful candidate will need to demonstrate superior teaching ability, and a strong commitment to working with young adults. Location: Angola, IN
The Department of Criminal Justice, Psychology and Social Sciences of Trine University invite applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position beginning in August 2014. The primary responsibilities of this position are teaching advanced history/government and general criminal justice courses. Other duties include curriculum development, academic advising of students and participation on university committees.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Candidates should attach a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.