Assistant Professor of Mechanical EngineeringEmployee Type: Full Time Required Education: The position requires a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics and completion of coursework for PhD in Mechanical Engineering. Location: Angola, IN
Trine University has an opportunity for an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at its Angola, Indiana location. Job duties: Instruct mechanical and biomedical engineering courses (e.g. Dynamics, System Dynamics and Controls, Mechanical Vibration, Mechanics of Machinery, Machine Component Design, Probability and Statistics, Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Introduction to Biomechanics), advise students regarding academic issues, provide service to the university in the form of committee work. Do academic research in biomechanics, ergonomics, (nonlinear) dynamics, and controls with undergraduate/graduate students as well as industry supported research in collaboration with Innovation One, Trine University's technology and business incubator initiative. Run the Human Biomechanics Laboratory, which enables us to record and analyze human motion data using the motion capture system, force plate, and electromyography (EMG). 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate excellence and innovation in teaching
- participate in campus culture and administration
- contribute to a highly collaborative department
- passionately advise and mentor students
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Candidates should attach a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.