Assistant Professor- Sports Management
Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Ketner School of Business beginning Fall 2017 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Sport Management, specifically the ability to teach courses such as Sports Administration, Contemporary Issues in Sport, Facility Planning, Risk Management, and Project Management. Teaching load is 12 hours per term.
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to promote “intellectual and personal development, through professionally-focused and formative learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.” Trine University is proud of its reputation for providing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. High quality teaching is our first priority; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industrial contacts, as well as significant student advising.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional work experience in college or professional sports;
- Demonstrated education or experience that would support the teaching of specified Sport Management areas;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- A commitment to service as a faculty advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of an undergraduate teaching team.
Education and/or Experience
A Master’s degree in Sport Management or closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Recreation, Business Administration, or related field and 3 years relevant work experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Rank and salary will be based on qualifications.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vita, detailing all academic & professional experience, plus the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.