Chemical Engineering Lab TechnicianEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Qualifications: Prefer Bachelor's degree in technical field or high school diploma with minimum of one to three years related experience in technical field.
The Chemical Engineering Lab Technician position requires technical ability, particularly in the area of equipment modification and repair, the ability to work with diverse students and faculty members, excellent written and verbal communication ability and the ability to function with minimal supervision.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties of the Chemical Engineering technician are to make sure the laboratory experiments are functional and safe to operate. To confirm the safety and operability, the technician is expected to run all of the physical experiments and perform maintenance and implement improvements as necessary. The chemical engineering technician will also be responsible for ordering supplies and equipment to support the laboratory.
The chemical engineering technician will also help develop and assemble new experiments as needed. They will also assist students in and out of the laboratory and serve as a laboratory and general resource for both the students and faculty of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service. Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications.