Director of ITEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Experience: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field and a minimum five (5) years' experience within Information Technology—hands on experience a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong technical and administrative background at an institution of higher education supporting academic and instructional technology, customer support, administrative computing, campus networks, information security, and telecommunications. Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all IT functions at all locations. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements including students, faculty and staff as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures operational and strategic initiatives for IT are aligned with the current direction of the University and supports the direction of the University in all endeavors
- Allow a creative environment by encouraging progressive vision from their employees – allow the time needed to focus on emerging technologies that could afford strategic advantages to our faculty, staff, alumni and students.
- Provides senior leadership and management when necessary for all IT employees and directs and encourages training, education and development programs for all IT staff.
- Have the ability to comprehend complex business needs presented by the user community and collaborate with IT staff to accomplish these goals.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards, procedures and extensive testing prior to any implementation of technical solutions.
- Work with IT staff to establish and document priorities that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Have overall responsibility of evaluation of hardware replacement requirements and rotation schedule and implementation.
- The reputation of IT and customer service should be a primary directive of this individual at all times.
- Maintains vendor contracts and scope of work—this individual should have proven negotiation skills and previous experience with service level agreements, licensing compliance and disaster recovery plans.
- Create, maintain and control a complex IT budget
- Be an active liaison and advocate for the IT Department initiatives
- Performs other duties as requested and assigned by the Senior VP for Student and University Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to lead an IT group and provide support during peak times and manage expectations
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid verbal and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how they can mesh with existing technologies
- Ability to develop employees, perform job reviews and interview prospective new hires
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. An individual must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outstanding Benefits:Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.