Pull Quote below the navigation is available real estate for quotes, factoids or buttons. This space allows for a quote of up to 30 words.
Quote Source Mechanical Engineering '15
ESL InstructorEmployee Type: Full Time Required Education: A minimum of a master's degree in TESOL, applied Linguistics, or a related field along with experience in a CEA-accredited program. A minimum of two years overseas teaching and living experience is a must. Location: Angola, IN Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Trine University invites applications for a full-time ESL instructor. Candidates must
demonstrate a facility using current technology for both the classroom and administrative
purposes. Cultural awareness, an immense amount of patience, and a commitment to serving
students are also requirements. The position requires a minimum of 18 classroom teaching
hours per semester in addition to administrative and extracurricular planning duties.
Beginning Fall 2014 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of ESL. Teaching
load is 12 hours per term. Duties will begin August 2014.
Job Requirements:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outstanding BenefitsTrine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Candidates should attach a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.