Housekeeping / Training ManagerEmployee Type: Full Time Required Education: A bachelor's degree and two years management experience or five (5) years of housekeeping management experience. Location: Angola, IN Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Supervise, manage and direct Campus Operations departmental staff responsible for all university facilities. Coordinate and conduct safety and operations training as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and supervision of the custodial department, working three shifts.
- Assist in the management and supervision of other campus operations staff.
- Complete administrative duties as necessary to ensure organized and efficient operations within the department.
- Develop, train and implement custodial and other work schedules as required
- Develop, test and implement new processes, green cleaning methods and or more efficient equipment.
- Effectively communicate customer service requirements to staff
- Implement and maintain operational procedures and conduct inspections to maintain and improve quality standards established by the university.
- Maintain custodial department supplies inventory
- Manage the care and repair of custodial cleaning equipment
- Maintain planning calendars for training and custodial department projects
- Provide operational updates to Director
- Plan and facilitate monthly campus operations safety meetings
- Interview, select and train custodial staff
- Coordinate and supervise set-ups of events
- Develop and maintain department operating budget
- Create and/or maintain MSDS manual for all chemical use
- Monitor customer satisfaction
Five years of custodial or housekeeping supervisory or management experience with strong background in leading a department of 11 or more employees. Self directed, self motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills. Computer use and familiarity with Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook required. Valid driver's license
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, touch, stand, walk, sit, etc. This job requires the ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds and the physical strength to run industrial-type flooring equipment.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.