Innovation One Project ManagerEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Experience: A bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology and minimum three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
Serves as the project manager overseeing all internal/external Innovation One projects and assists academics with Senior Design projects.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine materials and costs to determine optimal production methodology
- Collaborate with faculty specialists to evaluate if the chosen solution/design will meet the client needs at a reasonable cost
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new projects
- Responsible for managing and overseeing i1 plastics training program(s)
- Review completed work to assure quality, correctness, and completeness
- Manage and maintain timing of projects
- Understand status of all on-going projects to assist in avoiding delivery concerns
- Provide appropriate feedback to up-date projects database
- Assist in vetting process for Innovation One projects
- Assists in preparation of quotes/contracts per specifications in a timely manner
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients as appropriate
- Assists i1 student employees when appropriate
- Assists faculty and i1 faculty employees when appropriate
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations as appropriate for constituents
- Design or redesign mechanical devices
- Creation of CAD models and drawings
- Manage and oversee development of prototypes
- Manage and oversee testing of prototypes
- Analyze test results and contribute to revisions
- Sketch ideas and create concept drawings
- Use computer software as appropriate to assist in project completion
- Plan and modify projects to meet client needs
- Assist with research and development for projects
- Assists with grant writing as needed
- Contributes to the publishing of i1 monthly newsletter
- Contributes to grant reports as required and directed
- Contributes to selection and preparation of faculty contracts
- Contributes to preparation of other constituent contracts for i1 as needed
- Provides supervisory guidance to student employees of i1 as appropriate
- Approves Time Statements of all i1 student employees
To perform this job successfully, a candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, and must be able to perform each essential duty. Customer service, and/or retail sales experience desired. The candidate will be able to adapt to new technology and have good time management, organization and project management skills. Detail orientation is necessary. The ability to handle a fast-paced, emergent and multi-task work environment is essential. Must work well with people, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information. Candidate must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in the performance of duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.