Maintenance / Building MechanicEmployee Type: Full Time Required Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and a minimum of five years of building maintenance or construction related experience. Applicant must be willing to complete a skills assessment prior to the final interview. Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Location: Angola, IN Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs safety inspection of facility's Life Safety Equipment, (fire extinguishers, exit signs/lights and emergency lights, generators, fire doors, fire alarm systems).
- Performs safety inspections and repairs of buildings, fleet and grounds.
- Performs security inspections and repairs of exterior doors and windows.
- Monitors daily operation of heating, cooling, water conditioning and domestic hot water boilers.
- Performs minor repairs on electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems (ballast replacement, switch replacement, filters replacement, unplugs sinks and stools, etc.).
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets, chalkboards, book shelves, bulletin boards, walls, doors, railings and partitions, etc.).
- Performs inspections and minor repairs to exterior (roof, roof drains, down spouts, etc.).
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks for electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Completes and submits the required paperwork (timesheets, work orders, material slips, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with site resident director, resident assistant, administrators, Deans, faculty and staff.
- Communicates and reviews short and long term needs of site to Director of Campus Operations.
- Orders necessary maintenance materials and supplies or inventory control.
- Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests.
- Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work.
- Employee is required to participate in the after hour on-call rotation.
- Duties may include unlocking and locking of buildings and/or University property.
- Employee will assist with snow removal.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- MATHEMATICS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, touch, stand, walk, sit, etc. This job requires the ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds and the physical strength to run industrial-type flooring equipment.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.