Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator provides administrative and project management support to the Vice President and members of the department in their internal and external marketing efforts, including the development and production of promotional marketing materials and all electronic communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain project management systems to ensure that work is on track and deadlines are met
- Order and manage department supplies, stationery and other materials
- Work with Vice President to manage and track department budgets and expenditures
- Represent department, solely or with other members of the department, on various committees and work teams that plan and execute important campus events and activities
- Manage department archives of past materials and campaigns
- Provide website and social media backup as necessary
- Serve as liaison with Trine IT to ensure critical systems are operational
- Participate in department creative planning sessions
- Coordinate placement of external advertising efforts with direction from the Vice President and Director of Digital Marketing
- Help ensure that new and existing materials and digital assets maintain Trine brand standards
- Work with members of the Marketing team and other stakeholders to make updates to existing Marketing materials and digital assets
- Assist Marketing team members in coordinating production of materials with outside agencies as needed
- Fulfill other duties as occasionally directed by the Vice President
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree and two to four years experience in marketing and/or communications.
he Marketing & Communications Coordinator must demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail and possess the following skills:
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage projects simultaneously and work independently
- Ability to collaborate effectively within and across units
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellence in written and oral communications
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite; experience with Adobe Creative Suite and project management systems (such as Basecamp or Podio) is strongly preferred
- Ability to handle highly confidential and/or sensitive information, materials and situations appropriately
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to take direction on work and setting of priorities
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
See plan documents for benefit details.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.