Middle College Coordinator - Part TimeEmployee Type: Part Time Location: Angola, IN Experience: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning (Student Affairs Administration, College Student Development, Education, School Counseling, or similar degree preferred). A teaching license and/or extensive experience working in the K-12 environment are also preferred.
The Middle College Area Coordinator works with High School Administrators, Teachers, and Students to implement the program's strategic plans.
The Middle College Area Coordinator position requires an individual who can provide academic and professional expertise within the dual credit programs offered to high school students, such as on-campus enrollment, the concurrent enrollment program, and online enrollment. S/he must be able to work within the community to develop partnerships for the growth of the Middle College, and be willing to travel extensively within the various regions of the state. The Middle College Area Coordinator should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions; be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing the program's strategic plans
- Maintaining all policies and procedures for dual credit in accordance with state, university, school, and accreditation guidelines
- Evaluating transcripts and approving all instructors for the concurrent enrollment program (with oversight from the Middle College Director)
- Presenting professional development sessions for concurrent enrollment instructors
- Marketing programs to high school administrators
- Visiting concurrent enrollment classrooms to represent Trine University and observe instruction
- Developing and maintaining relationships with school administrators
- Developing partnerships with home-schooling networks
- Recruiting and retaining students for all programs
- Conducting registration days at various schools
- Completing additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.