Moodle Support SpecialistEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Experience: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience with administering online courses, preferably Moodle is desired. Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
This position is dedicated to providing customer service for Trine University Technology customers, including students, faculty and administration. The Technician guides the customer regarding the use of a broad range of products, offerings, and services assuring customer satisfaction. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment providing call center services and desk side support is required. This position requires faculty support of Moodle, the university's Learning Management System (LMS). The position reports to the Help Desk Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build online courses for faculty in Moodle as requested.
- Investigate emerging technologies for academic use and identify new ways of integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Design and install technology based learning spaces.
- Consistently provide exemplary service as measured by customer feedback and performance against service level goals.
- Provide telephone and desk side end user support of technologies employed at Trine University.
- Provide identification, prioritization, resolution, and follow up of problems following guidelines and procedures.
- Use communication appropriate to audience delivered in a friendly and courteous manner with consistent positive attitude.
- Install PC's, printers and software for individual users and computer labs.
- Assist students with problems associated with student owned PC hardware.
- Use help desk ticket system and document progress for work performed.
- Contribute to problem root cause analysis and assist with implementing countermeasures to reduce incidents.
- Recommend, build, and deploy hardware and software standards.
- Coordinate work for and utilize student employees.
- Participate in the implementation of help desk best practices.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4+ years of experience in a Technology support role.
- Experience in teaching and assessment.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of personal computer technologies.
- Exposure to Mac workstations in a windows domain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to empathize with customers of varying technical skill levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized fashion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Foster Trine University success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & associates, and by exhibiting a positive attitude.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. An individual must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.