Telecounseling SupervisorEmployee Type: Part-Time
Location: Angola, IN Experience: High school degree is required – associates degree preferred. Preference will be given to those who have previous experience working in a private college/university office of admission, in telemarketing, and/or in management/supervision of employees.
Provide part-time data entry, telecounseling, supervision, and other support services for the Office of Admission. Includes monitoring all data entry and test score input, evening telecounseling efforts, and student worker supervision.
Working with the enrollment staff from the main Trine University campus in Angola, Indiana and reporting to the Director of Admission, the Telecounseling Supervisor is primarily responsible for new data input and cultivating prospective students for Trine.
This position is a part-time job with a schedule of 2 PM until 9 PM, Monday through Thursday (28 hrs/wk).
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain database of inquired students
- Coordinate and input all new names and test scores
- Hire, train, and supervise staff of approximately 15-20 student workers and part-time professionals
- Word processing and other clerical responsibilities necessary to maintain communications between Trine University and prospective students
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admission
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have very strong communication and organizational skills, effective leadership and management skills, attention to detail, enthusiasm to communicate with students and parents, and a desire to represent Trine University well in a worldwide market.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. An individual must be able to safeguard confidential and sensitive information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, organize, analyze, and interpret standard documents from organizations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and the ability to effectively respond to questions from groups of prospective students, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to assess student worker performance and communication effectiveness.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competitive salary will be based on qualifications.