Thunder Ice Arena Technician
The Thunder Ice Arena Technician must be a versatile, energetic, organized and detail oriented team player that possesses a positive attitude and who enjoys working with people in a fun and fast-paced environment. This position requires a diverse skill set including equipment operation, mechanical aptitude, and facility repair and maintenance skills. This position requires a hands-on attitude and a willingness to assist wherever needed. This is a full-time position that requires flexible work hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure excellent quality of ice at all times.
- Facilitate all ice operations including installation, removal, painting and graphics.
- Maintain entire facility, identify concerns and facilitate repairs as needed.
- Monitor and maintain all operating systems (HVAC, Building Dehumidification, Ammonia Refrigerant Ice Plant, Water Treatment System, etc.) to include regularly scheduled preventive maintance.
- Maintain outstanding cleanliness of all internal and external areas of the facility.
- Help ensure the safety of all customers and employees.
- Procurement of supplies and materials as needed.
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, training, and managing part-time seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with facility user groups and ensure that they have a satisfying experience.
- Ensure that the facility is open and closed at the scheduled times.
- Respond to customer and visitor needs in a courteous and efficient manner; be professional, welcoming and informed on all arena activities.
- Operate within the annual budget.
- Skate Sharpening
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to take the lead on projects and work independently.
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interact and to establish effective relationships with customers and the general public.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job, this may include lifting heavy objects, climging, bending, twisting and other physcial tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong knowledge of rink operations and equipment
- Strong hockey knowledge and background a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum high school diploma; Vocational-technical training a plus; a two or four year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on facility managment, mechanical engineering and construction trades or other related fields a plus.
- Ice rink experience including total facility management
- A valid driver's license
- CPR and First Aid Certified
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.