Confidence with Character. It's a Trine thing.

Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan

The Graduate PLUS loan differs from the Parent PLUS Loan. To be eligible, you must be a graduate or professional degree student continuing their education beyond their undergraduate degree. If you are a parent of a Dependent undergraduate student you may use a PLUS loan, but that is in your name. Please see the other section for information if you are a parent.

This loan does require you to complete an application, with a credit check, and also to complete a Grad PLUS Master Promissory Note.

For more detailed information visit

To complete an application and MPN go to We will receive electronic notification once you have completed and submitted the paperwork.