International Student Health Services
Trine University Health Center Hours
Location: Alwood Hall (building 16 on campus map)
Monday: 9:30 am – 4 pm
Tuesday: 9:30 am – 4 pm
Wednesday: 12:30 - 4 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am – 4 pm
Friday: 9:30 am – 4 pm
Phone: (260) 665-4585
Direct webpage: http://www.trine.edu/campus-life/health-and-wellness/health-center.aspx
After hours: Call 911 for all life-threatening emergencies.
The following Trine University Student Immunization record must be printed, completed, signed by your doctor, and returned to the Health Center before you can register for classes. Please keep a copy for your records.
- “All incoming students are required to have a completed immunization record (above) on file with the Health Center.
- In addition to the required immunizations, all incoming international students are required to have a TB blood test completed in the United States indicating that latent TB infection and/or TB disease is not likely. TB tests will be provided during International Orientation, under the mandatory Trine University International Student Health Insurance. In the event of a positive TB test, students must schedule and complete a follow-up screening within 2 weeks of initial test. Please follow any additional precautions provided by your physician at that time.
- All incoming students must submit completed immunization records to the Health Center during International Orientation. If you would like to claim religious exemption from required immunizations, please fill out the religious exemption form below and return to the Health Center during Orientation.
- Failure to submit necessary records will result in a hold on your student account, which affects ability to register for classes.
*Note: ALL international students MUST have their TB tests done in the United States. TB tests will be available free of charge during International Orientation. If students miss International Orientation, it is their responsibility to get their TB test done on their own prior to registering for classes.
Trine International Student Health Insurance
Trine requires all matriculated international students to purchase Trine University International Student Health Insurance, which is partnered through United Healthcare. Review the details of the plan carefully. This insurance coverage is for the entire year so that you will be covered whether or not you are enrolled each semester. The invoice will show each semester.
- International Student Health Insurance Coverage Brochure
- International Student Health Insurance Coverage Brochure Summary
*Note: ALL international students MUST have health insurance through Trine University. Waivers will only be provided for sponsored students. Individual and private insurance plan purchased by student DOES NOT qualify for a waiver.