The Campus Experience
Middle College Campus Experience students register for current courses held on our main campus (including online). These courses are regular college classes with full-time students enrolled. If you're participating in the Middle College program, you will either be given leave from your high school (to attend these classes during the regular school day) or attend in the evening and/or online.
There is no application fee for Middle College. If you are interested in learning more about this program, please fill out our application.
The courses listed below are typical freshman-level college courses that fulfill requirements for every major at Trine University and are transferable to almost any institution. They also fulfill requirements for the Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma. Listed next to each heading is the amount of hours we recommend you take in that area. This will give you the greatest ability to use these courses toward your intended major at any university.
Mathematics (3 or 4 credit hours) - examples:
- College Algebra (3 credit hours)
- Business Algebra (3 credit hours)
- Pre Calculus (4 credit hours)
- Calculus (4 credit hours)
Social Sciences or Humanities Courses (12 credit hours) - examples:
- American History I (3 credit hours)
- American History II (3 credit hours)
- World Civilization I (3 credit hours)
- World Civilization II (3 credit hours)
- Principles of Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Principles of Sociology (3 credit hours)
- Introduction to Government (3 credit hours)
- Introduction to Literature (3 credit hours)
- Art Appreciation (3 credit hours)
- Music Appreciation (2 credit hours)
- English Composition I (3 credit hours)