Teacher preparation first began at Tri-State Normal College, now Trine University, in 1884 and our commitment to prepare the best educators is still our cornerstone.
At Franks School of Education we are dedicated to:
- helping you develop and expand your content knowledge;
- helping you develop teaching strategies so children of all ages and abilities learn and grow (communication); and
- helping you expand your knowledge of caring indicators and your ability to show all children you care.
Our faculty are former teachers, building and district level administrators, and department chairs, and they know the theory and practice of the education profession. They share that knowledge with you to help you become the best professional educator you can be.
Check out our areas of study:
- elementary education (K-6)
- secondary education – mathematics (5-12)
- secondary education – biology (5-12)
- secondary education – chemistry (5-12)
- secondary education – social studies (5-12)
- all-grade education – health /physical education (K-12)
- Dual Licensure in Elementary Education K-6 and Special Education/Mild Intervention K-6
Field experiences, important and practical opportunities for you to interact with K-12 students and teachers, are part of nearly every education course. They are integrated into the curriculum, and begin as early as your freshman year.