Trine University promotes intellectual and personal development, through professionally focused and formative learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead and serve.
To achieve our mission, undergraduate and graduate students receive personal attention through small classes and excellent teaching. At Trine, we focus on your future by providing career oriented higher education that emphasizes:
- Active participation in classes, with a focus on teaming and collaboration.
- The useful and practical, to complement rigorous theoretical study.
- Intentional co-curricular experiences to cultivate holistic student development.
- Learning how to do, while learning what to do.
Trine University will be the very best mid-sized private university, contributing to local and regional economic and cultural development. We will be characterized as engaged, dynamic, growing, and adding value.
Trine's 5 Core Values
Trine's mission and vision for the future rest on five core values that define our foundational beliefs and guide all that we aspire to accomplish.
- Personal/professional growth with a focus on creative endeavors and lifelong learning
- Quality teaching, learning, and scholarship
- A highly responsive, dynamic environment
- A trustworthy, secure, and caring community that embraces diversity
- The highest ethical standards in all activities
(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely = SMART)
To realize our mission and achieve our vision, the following operational goals have been established to guide our day-to-day activities:
- Provide a responsive and effective environment for student learning, student living, and personal achievement
- Continue to enhance facilities and services to complement the quality of educational programs, optimally utilizing information and technology
- Build a community which exemplifies and celebrates diversity
- Develop and strengthen corporate and community partnerships
- Consistently and passionately engage all stakeholders in the mission and life of the university
- Support systematic planning, developmental, and assessment processes to assure ongoing improvement of the university and its programs