Information Service Librarian
Information Service Librarian
Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Location: Angola, IN
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
Trine University seeks a dynamic and resourceful individual with teaching, technology, and collaboration skills to participate as a member of its leadership team in the development and delivery of innovative and quality services.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to contribute in a wide range of information, instructional, and technology functions, work with great faculty and students, and to help a small academic library achieve its fullest potential.
Manage and support information, instructional, and other technologies such as the departmental website, search and discovery systems, full text link resolvers, etc.
- Act as an administrator for electronic resources and provide leadership in solving problems associated with the delivery of electronic resources to include access, archiving, and authentication
- Act as an administrator for digital publishing and mulitmedia production
- Serve as backup for cataloging
As subject librarian for the engineering and sciences:
- Develop and maintain research guides; contribute content to the knowledge base; and provide point of need reference and research consultations for subject areas
- Collaborate with faculty on instructional design as part of the curriculum-integrated information literacy program; develop and maintain instructional and assessment materials
- Develop collections in print and online and handle related activities such as collection analysis and evaluation
- In coordination with the liaison librarian for distance learning, provide programs, services, and resources to remote learners
Direct user experience based projects to ensure an efficient and user-friendly delivery of information and services while working to improve virtual and physical spaces so that they most effectively serve the needs of users
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent degree
- Strong commitment to professional development and customer service
- Effectiveness in organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills
- Relevant professional experience in management and maintenance of an integrated library system and integrating new technologies into the delivery of information service
- Training or degree in computer/information technology related field and / or academic library experience in engineering or science related field
- Knowledge of intellectual property and copyright issues
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Outstanding benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and sick pay – in accordance with Trine′s policy
- Free golf at the university′s Zollner Golf Course, an 18-hole championship course
- Employee discount at Whitney Commons dining hall and Tgear store
- Privileges at Trine′s library
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.