Assistant / Associate Professor
Assistant / Associate Professor
Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Required Education: The position requires a doctorate in Mechanical engineering or a related engineering field.
- Location: Angola, IN
The Wade Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering invites applications for a permanent, full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the thermal sciences and the ability to teach a wide variety of undergraduate mechanical engineering courses including thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer. Preference will be given to applicants having internal combustion engine expertise and the ability to teach internal combustion engine courses and labs.
Excellent English communication ability is a must. This position is a teaching position; hence, a strong commitment to teaching is required. The position requires a doctorate in mechanical or aerospace engineering or a closely related field. In lieu of tenure, the University offers term contracts from one to five years, depending on academic rank and years of service.
The department offers an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to provide productive, work-ready graduates to industry. High quality teaching is our first priority and a normal course load is twelve credit hours per semester. However, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industrial contacts.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Outstanding benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and sick pay – in accordance with Trine′s policy
- Free golf at the university′s Zollner Golf Course, an 18-hole championship course
- Employee discount at Whitney Commons dining hall and Tgear store
- Privileges at Trine′s library
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.