Executive Director of Marketing
Executive Director of Marketing
Click each category for more information about this career opportunity.
Overview of position +
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Required Education: 4 Year Degree (Master′s Preferred)
- Location: Angola, IN
Experience: Individual must possess at a minimum, a Bachelors degree, preferably master′s degree, from a four year college or university and at least 5 years previous experience and proven track record of success, preferably in the higher education market or other non-profit setting.
Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest’s Best Colleges.
Plans and directs department outcomes as it relates to internal and external marketing efforts for name recognition, recruitment and fund development, and provides leadership, creativity, motivation and direction to lead the University to optimum results.
- Responsible for marketing, advertising, communication and public relation functions of the institution through subordinates or personal involvement.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors key indicators and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Plans, writes and ensures implementation of strategic marketing action plans to achieve department, campus client and university objectives in multiple areas requiring promotion.
- Supervises graphic designer, staff writer, staff photographer and videographer, director of web marketing and social media, sports information director, director of radio operations, the production specialist, Thunder Gear store manager and multiple student workers.
- Is a member of the Emergency Operations Team; serves as the crisis communicator.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Directs and maintains quality control efforts for all department production.
- Serves as the campus-wide brand manager.
- Manages the promotional products policy and protocol campus-wide.
- Ensures campus-wide adherence to graphic and identity standards of usage.
- Prepares annual departmental budget, authorizes expenditures, and tracks project costs and expenditures to control expenses and meeting fiduciary goals.
- Determines agencies and suppliers of record, negotiates contract terms, writes request for proposals for major services and marketing projects; manages multiple contracts.
- Writes policy and protocol as needed. Monitors adherence.
- Director should be visible and an active participant in the region.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Outstanding benefits +
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and sick pay – in accordance with Trine′s policy
- Free golf at the university′s Zollner Golf Course, an 18-hole championship course
- Employee discount at Whitney Commons dining hall and Tgear store
- Privileges at Trine′s library
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.