Gregory E. Gorbett, a 2003 forensic science graduate, continued his education obtaining a B.S. in Fire Science - University of Maryland and a M.S. in Executive Fire Service Leadership and is currently working on a M.S. in Fire Protection Engineering - Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Greg is nationally certified as:
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI)
- Certified Fire Investigator (CFI)
- Certified Fire Investigation Instructor (CFII)
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI)
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
As a member of the Institution of Fire Engineers (MIFireE) Greg worked as a Fire and Explosion Investigator and Analyst with John A. Kennedy & Associates (private investigation firm) in Sarasota, Florida. Greg currently works as an Assistant Professor in the Fire and Safety Engineering Technology Program at Eastern Kentucky University with an emphasis in the Fire, Arson & Explosion investigation program and still works as an associate expert with John A. Kennedy & Associates. Greg serves as a Director of the National Association of Fire Investigators.