Our primary mission is to protect life and property by providing services that will establish and maintain a reasonably safe campus environment for all of our students, faculty, staff and guests.
William Petty, Director of Campus Safety
Campus Safety encompasses campus protection including:
- first aid
- emergency response procedures
Our campus security officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They are equipped with radios and cell phones, and have immediate communication with students and local emergency services. Campus safety has also incorporated an Emergency Alert text system that alerts students and staff to campus emergencies. Campus Safety is an extension of the Office of Student Services.
The mission of Trine University Safety Team is to provide a safe and secure learning, living, and working environment while protecting the University's valuable assets.
Trine Safety staff acts as facilitator to those in need, helping them to understand and comply with the University's rules, policies and directives. This is achieved through patience, understanding, and guidance, offered in a firm, fair, and respectful manner. Interaction with students, guests, and staff is conducted with respect to personal dignity, and in an unobtrusive, low-key manner.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all members and guests of the Trine community
- Maintain a high level of cooperation with local law enforcement agencies
- Provide protection and security for all Trine assets
- Investigate and implement new techniques and means to contribute to a more efficient and effective operation of the department
- Promote the well-being of the University through the enforcement of appropriate state statutes and university policy and regulations
- Provide an active risk management program
- Assist in the coordination of campus risk awareness programming