Assistant Vice President - PeoriaEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Peoria, AZ Education: Master's Degree required (Doctorate preferred) in an education, business, management or related field. Equivalent of academic or enrollment administrative experience and academic credentials may also be acceptable. Experience: Minimum seven years higher education leadership experience (preferably non-profit) with a proven track record of successful result including enrollment growth and academic program development: combination of related academic program development and management, recruitment and enrollment, student services, strategic planning and execution, and supervisory experience. Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Arizona will join Trine at an exciting time of extraordinary progress. As the chief administrative officer, the AVP will play a significant role in perpetuating and growing Trine University and its distinctive brand in Peoria.
Trine University is known for its dedication to students and commitment to their development and success. It is also known for its commitment to quality teaching with engaging/interactive classroom experiences, career preparedness, high graduation placement rates, innovation and entrepreneurship, enrollment growth, and long-standing, excellent academic reputation. The AVP is the leader and chief advocate within the context of the University's educational program and mission in the Arizona region. The AVP is integral to achieving University-wide goals.
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Peoria reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) and serves as the chief administrative officer of the Campus and is responsible for the successful development and implementation of a comprehensive campus plan to develop high quality academic programs and substantially grow student enrollment. S/he is responsible for day-to-day campus operations with a proactive orientation to customer service excellence for students that complements and serves the academic mission of Trine University and supports a diverse student body that persists, succeeds and graduates.
The AVP will be dedicated to providing high quality services to all constituencies of Trine University, and will exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards, and will be committed to the tenets of the University's Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals. The AVP is responsible for day-to-day operations including recruitment and enrollment, academic programs and student support services, and campus-based facilities and technology operations.
The AVP works in close partnership, collaboration, cooperation, and synergy with Trine's main campus senior administration/Cabinet in Angola, Indiana in the development and implementation of best practices for overall academic program development and implementation, enrollment services (recruitment and retention), campus operations and technology, student services, finances, human resources, marketing and brand integration, and fund raising. S/he hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates faculty, classroom experiences, and assigned personnel. In addition the AVP will work closely with various departments located on main campus or other regional campuses as necessary to ensure optimal coordination, effectiveness, and success of the campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the chief administration officer for the Peoria campus in providing dynamic and strategic leadership for the quality, integrity, and advancement/distinctiveness of the University's undergraduate and graduate degree programs for traditional and nontraditional students.
- Utilizes program reviews and assessment of student learning outcomes to ensure a culture of continuous improvement and develops effective and efficient processes, and organizes and implements programs and activities designed to increase the success of students.
- Ensures a customer-centered environment that is responsive and provides high-quality, timely services to both students and faculty by directing workflow, providing adequate staffing and scheduling, and well-trained personnel.
- Serves as a campus resource and assists in the implementation of federal, state, and Trine human resource policies and procedures for campus employees. Advises employees and supervisors on employee relations matters, in compliance and cooperation with main campus Human Resource Department when necessary.
Leadership / Management and Communication
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player; exceptional collaboration and communication skills; highly motivated, ambitious, focused and results-oriented, and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and team leadership skills with a demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and capacity to motivate and inspire workforce.
- Commitment to the values inherent in a culturally diverse workplace and the needs of a diverse student body.
- Possesses a "can-do" attitude, is poised under pressure, has a thoughtful and creative service orientation, and provides best practices solutions to program development, problems, and challenges.
Enrollment Management Oversight
The AVP works and contributes through a team-oriented approach to assist the Vice President and Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management in the overall strategic planning and logistical operations of meeting Trine's student enrollment goals in Peoria. The AVP works collaboratively with the Peoria Director of Marketing and Enrollment and the enrollment team in all areas to enhance and support:
- New student recruitment strategies and achievement of term-to-term enrollment goals.
- Financial aid services and programs.
- Student satisfaction and retention efforts.
Academic Programming and Student Support Services
The AVP ensures that academic and student services functions facilitate student and faculty academic success. He or she ensures that processes between and among the academic and student support functions are fluid, effective, efficient and service oriented. The AVP may delegate and supervise the work of staff in these areas and/or may perform the tasks personally. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees development and implementation of academic strategic planning with the VPAA.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and assesses qualified faculty instructors, and provides supports as they engage learners through multiple modalities.
- Ensures viable academic programs and educational delivery modalities including classroom, online, or blended.
- Develops new market-driven programs that are mission-oriented and administers academic assessment plans.
- Promotes a student-centered learning environment and serves as senior academic advisor.
- Encourages excellence and innovation in teaching through the use of technology and by promoting relevant and active community engagement.
- Serves as the primary liaison and ensures good standing with the Northcentral Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and agencies that accredit the University's programs.
- Works in collaboration to build new dual enrollment and transfer agreements with appropriate high schools and public and private post-secondary institutions.
Contributions to the Trine University and Peoria Community
- Conducts community outreach initiatives to identify potential University contacts, partners, and resources that support Trine in Peoria.
- Develops collaborative relationships with educational institutions, employment agencies, business, government and civic leaders to foster support and enrollment growth.
- Initiates mutually beneficial relationships between Trine University and its donors and donor prospects.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, WORD, and Outlook Calendar.
- Must have or be willing to develop proficiency with Jenzabar student database system.
- General knowledge of applicable best practices academic program development, delivery modules, and support services. In addition enrollment services and strategies, student services, and campus operations is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts.
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy.
See plan documents for benefit details.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.