Assistant / Associate Professor - Biomedical EngineeringEmployee Type: Full Time Location: Angola, IN Qualifications: The position requires an earned doctorate in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering field. Two or more years of teaching or industrial experience are preferred. Did you know: U.S. News and World Report ranks Trine among the Midwest's Best Colleges.
The Wade Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for a permanent, full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have expertise in tissue engineering, biochemistry engineering and/or biomedical transport, and the ability to teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate biomedical and engineering courses. The anticipated starting date of the appointment is 18 August 2014. The position requires a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, Chemical engineering or a closely related field. In lieu of tenure, the University offers term contracts from one to five years, depending on academic rank and years of service.
The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering and an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with the option of a Biomedical Engineering minor. The mission of the University is to provide productive, work-ready graduates to industry. High quality teaching is our first priority; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industrial contacts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vita detailing all academic and professional experience, (unofficial) graduate transcripts, and the contact information for three references.
Salary will be based on qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine? Click to apply
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.