How to Apply
- Apply to Trine University [ undergraduate ] [ graduate ]
- Send academic records
- Send language test scores (TOEFL, SAT, ACT)
- Send proof of financial ability to pay
- Pay international student and housing fee(s)
For further details on what is required, see information below.
1. The International student application is available online (see links above). To be certain there is enough time for processing your application, make sure your credentials are completed 60 days before the beginning of the term.
2. Secondary Academic Records
Please send all secondary school records in English to:
Director of International Admission
One University Avenue
Angola, Indiana 46703
Email documents to: email@example.com
Your records should include courses taken, grades received and degrees or certificates earned. Please also provide an explanation of your school’s coding system used to evaluate your work.
Send all post-secondary records that were achieved in and outside of the United States if available. Only classes with a “C” grade or better will be considered for transfer credits.
3. Test Requirements
International students who are seeking a degree must provide a score from the TOEFL (code is 1811), ACT (code is 1250) or SAT (code is 1811).
- IBT TOEFL 71
- IELTS 6.0 overall and a 5.5 minimum on any section.
- SAT and ACT minimum scores depend on the academic programs you plan to pursue.
The English as a Second Language Program (ESL) can help international students with skills necessary to read, write, speak and understand English before beginning a degree program.
4. Financial Statement
The United States Department of Homeland Security regulations require international students to demonstrate the ability to finance their four-year education prior to the official release of an I-20 AB form. Acceptable documents include a bank statement with an official signature, stock account statements and the International Student Certification of Finances form below.
5. Student Fee
When you are accepted as a student at Trine, you will be requested to submit a one-time international student enrollment fee of $500 (U.S. dollars) prior to the release of an I-20 AB form ($500 U.S. dollars, and a $150 housing deposit for a total of $650, payable to: Trine University). The $500 fee will cover expenses such as the processing of documents, orientation program, transportation to and from Fort Wayne International Airport and specialized programming (over a four-year enrollment). Please note that Trine University has no control over the approval of an F-1 Visa, which sometimes can result in the student’s visa request being denied.
- Make Your Online Payments Today
- Wire transfer to Fifth Third Bank with following info:
- Swift Code: FTBCUS3C
- Account #.: 7650235828
- ABA: 042000314
- Beneficiary: Trine University General Operating