To celebrate the 16-year sister-state relationship between Indiana and Tochigi Prefecture, Trine University is pleased to present the Trine University-Tochigi Scholarship. The Trine University-Tochigi Scholarship, valued at $16,000 (U.S. dollars) annually ($60,000 over four years), is available to Tochigi residents, or undergraduate students attending college in any Tochigi university, provided they meet the following standards required at Trine:
- Applicant must be a high school graduate.
- Applicant must be a Japanese citizen and resident of Tochigi Prefecture.
- Applicant must have been accepted for at least one academic year of study at Trine (not on tuition exchange).
- Applicant must be in good academic standing at the time of application.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student (graduate students may not apply for this).
Steps for the completing the application:
The following documentation must be included in your application:
- Complete application form below
- Certified transcript from your home institution
- One reference letter from an academic advisor from your home institution
- Applications should be completed by June 30 of each academic year (60 days prior to the beginning of Fall Semester classes).
- Notification of the selected candidates will be made within two weeks of the completed application date.
Further information can be obtained from, and applications should be submitted to:Mari K. McHenry
Director of International Community Services
Office of International Services
One University Avenue
Angola, IN 46703 USA