Student working

Common Questions

Is Trine accredited?

Trine University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Telephone 312.263.0456.

Learn more about accreditation.

Is there an application fee?

There is no application fee.

What degrees do you offer?

Trine University offers associate, bachelor and master degree programs. For a full list of adult degrees offered please review our Degrees.

When do on campus (face-to-face) classes meet?

Most classes meet in the evening, one time per week (6-10 pm) for eight weeks.

Does Trine offer online or hybrid classes?

Yes, classes are available online, face-to-face, and in a blended/hybrid format of on campus and online. Most degree programs offered through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies are available fully online.

Will I need to come to campus if I take online classes?

Online classes can be completed anywhere there is internet access. You are not required to come to campus.

Can I come to campus and study or use the resources available?

Yes, the campus is available for your use whether you are taking classes on campus or online. Please contact your home campus for specific hours of operation or check their campus page.

What about my diploma and where will I graduate?

All Trine students earn a degree from Trine University regardless of location. Commencement takes place once a year (typically May) on the main campus in Angola.

When can I enroll?

Once admitted, students can enroll in the adult learning orientation course which is offered every four weeks. When you’re ready, we’re ready!

What is considered a full-time student?

A full-time student takes two classes per 8-week term.  

Do you offer scholarships?

The College of Graduate and Professional Studies does not offer scholarships.


Will Trine accept transfer credits?

Trine will accept up to 89 transfer credits where a grade of "C" or higher was earned. The transfer credits must fit into the degree program you select.

Does Trine have transfer relationships with other colleges?

Trine University has transfer relationships with numerous colleges.  A transfer relationship is a signed document agreeing to accept certain credits for specific coursework. Trine University will accept credits even without transfer relationships as long as the coursework fulfills Trine University transfer requirements. Please contact your local campus for more details.

Are credits from Proprietary Schools accepted?

Trine will accept credits where a grade of "C" or higher was earned. The transfer credits must fit into the degree program you select.

Are credits for career training, specialty or technical training accepted?

Yes. Trine will consider transfer credits you have earned in the military, police academy, fire and EMT training, cosmetology school, etc. Documented career training will also be considered.

Do previously earned credits expire?

No. All credits will be considered regardless of when they were earned.

Is a placement test required for admission?

No.  You do not need to take a placement test.

Can I qualify for enrollment with a GED or a home-schooling diploma?

Absolutely. Please review our Admission section for more information on the admission process.


Cost and Financing:

Please review our Financial Aid FAQs page for questions regarding cost and financial aid.


Where can I purchase textbooks for my course?

Textbooks are purchased online through the university bookstore and shipped to your home.

How will I find time to study?

This is a legitimate concern, but once you enroll and begin your coursework, you will find that study time becomes a normal part of your routine.

Are resources and facilities on the main campus available to all students?

All Trine students are welcome to attend events and use resources on the main campus with a student ID. Please note that some events and facilities require a fee (i.e. Zollner Golf Course)

Can I use career services to help me find a job?

Yes, lifelong access to the Employment Resource Center is available to all Trine University students.  Please contact your campus director to request career advice assistance.

Is there a charge for parking?

Parking is free at all Trine University branch locations.

How do I change my major?

Please contact your campus for assistance with changing your major.

How do I change my address?

You can contact your campus for assistance or you can change it in myPortal.

How do I add or drop a course from my schedule?

Please contact your advisor for assistance. Courses can be added and dropped courses with 100% reversal of course charges through the first week of classes.  See our academic calendar and financial aid calendar for specific dates.

What does it mean if my account is on hold?

View the details of your account hold in myPortal. Please contact the respective department listed on your hold (i.e. Student Accounts, Student Services, Library, etc.) if you have questions. An account hold can prevent a student from ordering transcripts, registering for classes, or receiving their diploma.

How do I order a Trine University transcript?

We use an online service called Parchment for transcript requests. The cost for this service is $5. For more information, please visit the Registrar's transcript request page on our main website.

How do I order a duplicate diploma?

To order a replacement diploma, please print and complete the Duplicate Diploma Request Form. Note - there is a 4-5 week processing time and a $25.00 charge per diploma. Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, or online credit card. Please make check or money order payable to Trine University. 

Please mail or fax the diploma request to:

Trine University
Office of the Registrar
1 University Avenue
Angola, IN 46703-1764 
FAX 260.665.4221