International Admissions Counselor
International Admissions Counselor
This position will monitor, complete, and process all international student applications and subsequent documentation. Provide professional knowledge, advice and counseling for admission of international students.
Working with the international admission staff from the main Trine University campus in Angola, Indiana and reporting to the Director of International Graduate Admissions, the International Admissions Counselor is responsible for the collection and processing of international applications, including admission review, transcript evaluation, and initial I-20 preparation. Keeps abreast of university admission requirements as well as special requirements within individual colleges. Understands SEVIS/SEVP/DHS and USCIS regulations to assure Trine University students remain in compliance with current regulations.
This position is a full-time job with expectations of 40 hours per week. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that correct admission letter and I-20 are processed and issued.
- Responds to all inquiries from prospective international students and our international partners.
- Communicates effectively and promptly vital information to prospective students and partners via email, phone, etc.
- Maintains communication with students keeping them updated on their status and encouraging them to complete the next stage in the process.
- Maintain database of applicants and process their files.
- Participates in university recruitment efforts and outreach activities. Meets with prospective students during on-campus visits
- Works closely with the Office of International Services, the Registrar’s Office, and the Business Office.
- Works with the Director of International Graduate Admissions to determine application and enrollment goals.
- Communicate with prospective international students via telephone, e-mail, WhatsApp, Skype, etc.
- Organize and update transcripts, scores, and other documents
- Maintain communications between Trine University and other international universities and partners.
- Potential travel domestically or internationally to participate in international student recruitment activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President, Director of International Graduate Admissions, or Vice President for Enrollment Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have strong organizational skills, an attention to detail, enthusiasm to communicate with international students, and a desire to help represent Trine University well in a worldwide market. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school degree is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Preference will be given to those who have previous experience working with international students or customers and/or in a private college/university office of admission.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.