Data Analyst - Education One | Trine University
Data Analyst - Education One
The data analyst will be responsible for analyzing and disseminating state and school level academic, financial and organizational performance data, in order to inform and drive decision making. The data analyst will be responsible for conducting full life cycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design, to assist with the monitoring of performance and quality controls within Education One.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze academic proficiency and growth data from local diagnostic and state summative assessments for each school within Education One’s portfolio.
- Compile and analyze financial and organization data for each school within Education One’s portfolio to support key operational decisions.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics to optimize the statistical accuracy and efficiency for measuring and tracking multiple data points.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to make correlations and identify root causes, trends, strengths, and shortcomings for schools.
- Monitor specific financial, academic, and organizational indicators daily to quickly identify areas of concern and provide analysis and/or corrective actions to department leadership.
- Work collaboratively with managers, schools, and other teammates to inform school develop
- Evaluate applications for new charter schools by providing data reports to ensure validity.
- Assist with annual school reviews, compiling annual reports, charter renewal, revocation or non-renewal.
- Attend school board meetings on a monthly basis.
- Travel in state to conduct school site visits and out of state for charter school conferences
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in education from an accredited univeristy
- Valid Indiana teaching license
- Minimum of 2 years experience with data analysis
- Knowledege of state and federal accountability and assessment requirements
- Knoweldge of common state and national benchmark assessments (NWEA, STAR, etc.)
- Knoweldge of G-Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common statistical performance data
- Leadership capabitlities
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Problem solving skills
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.