Apply now

Spring Frenzy visit day

Believe and Achieve. It's a Trine thing.

You Have Questions, We Have Answers.

We know that when it comes to bills, balances, and refunds, it can be confusing and hard to understand. We're here to help. Browse the topics below to see if you can find the answer you are looking for. If not, contact us directly.

My Bill

Q: Why is there an insurance charge on my bill?

All full-time main campus students are required to have adequate health insurance coverage. The University has an administrative agreement with Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk to provide comprehensive health insurance to students who cannot demonstrate evidence of adequate coverage.

  • The charge for the insurance automatically appears on the fall and spring bill.
  • The two premiums will provide you with 12 months of coverage.
  • You have the opportunity to waive the insurance and charge each year by completing the online waiver by the deadline.
  • The insurance cannot be waived mid-year.
  • For policy information; a list of providers; print an insurance ID card; enroll or waive; please go to

Q: Can I pay my bill in installments?

A payment plan available for our main campus students. We have partnered with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to provide a monthly payment option. Please go to or call 888.216.4268 for more information.

Q: Why does my bill not reflect any or only a portion of the scholarships, grants, awards or loans that I am expecting?

Excellent question! There could be many reasons why those items are not showing on the bill; however, the Financial Aid Office will be able to answer that question and help you! Please contact them at 260.665.4158 or  (for main campus); or 260.665.4810 or (for SPS).

Q: Can I change my meal plan or my housing?

To inquire about changing your meal plan or housing, please contact Robyn Coatney, Director of Housing, at 260.665.4646 or

Refunds and Credit Balances

Q: How do I receive a refund of the excess funds on my account?

Refunds of credit balance, due to Title IV Federal aid, will be processed within 14 days of the funds posted to your student account.

The refund will be processed one of two ways:


We have partnered with Innovative Card Solutions (ICS) to offer the Trine University iPayU Prepaid MasterCard. All student refunds will be deposited to your Trine University card unless we have your bank direct deposit information on file.

Direct Deposits:

Your refund may be processed as a direct deposit. How? Go to myPortal > Student (log in) > My Student Account > Refund Request (submit). Your information will automatically be stored securely in our database; no need to submit again unless you need to update your information.


Q: What is this form and how do I receive one?

The 1098-T form is necessary if you will be claiming the American Opportunity Tax Credit or the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit. The forms are available on myPortal each year by the January 31st deadline. For questions about the tax credits, please contact your tax advisor or go to the IRS website  and look at Publication 970.