The following scholarship programs are by invitation only. Candidates must apply for admission and be officially admitted to Trine University for scholarship consideration. Dependent upon the student’s qualifications, the candidate will then receive an invitation from the office of Admission and financial aid to attend one of two Scholarship Day programs held in January and February. A student may receive ONE Trine academic tuition scholarship. The scholarship of greater value will be awarded (includes Diversity Scholarship and Discovery Award). The scholarships are for tuition only.
Bateman Kolb Scholarship
Trine's most premier, full tuition academic scholarship will be awarded to one individual who is deemed the “distinguished scholar” from the two Scholarship Day programs. The Bateman Kolb Scholarship was established from a $3.1 million estate gift provided by Mrs. Maxine Bateman Kolb, widow of former Tri-State College (now Trine) President Richard M. Bateman (1960-1974). After the death of Dr. Bateman, Mrs. Bateman married Joseph Kolb, an alumnus, who was also supportive of his alma mater. An annually renewable scholarship, the Bateman Kolb Scholar will be given the opportunity to choose a funded internship with Trine's President or a member of the President’s Cabinet.
Two (2) competitive academic tuition scholarships are available from each of the following schools:
- Allen School of Engineering and Technology ($19,500* annually, total value $78,000)
- Franks School of Education ($19,500* annually, total value $78,000)
- Ketner School of Business ($19,500* annually, total value $78,000)
- Jannen School of Arts and Sciences ($19,500* annually, total value $78,000)
- School of Health Sciences ($19,500* annually, total value $78,000)
Forty (40) of these scholarships are available:
- Trustee Scholarship ($16,500* annually, total value $66,000)
Scholarship Day Program
The Scholarship Day will include writing an essay and interviews with individual professors. These interviews are designed to learn more about the candidate (the information we cannot get from a high school transcript and test scores). Also, the candidates will be asked to write an essay in response to one of several topics selected by the Scholarship Committee. The essay, combined with faculty interviews and academic record, will be the basis on which the competitive scholarships are awarded.
In addition to completing the required parts of the day, candidates and their families will have the opportunity to take tours of the campus, be our guests at lunch, and meet with faculty and current students to hear what they have to say about their experiences at Trine. The admission and financial aid staff will also be available to meet with the candidates and families.
- Must continue to maintain full-time student status (minimum 12 credits per semester)
- Must maintain 3.0 grade point average
Scholarship Recipient Incentive
School Scholars, Trustee Scholars, Bateman Kolb Scholar, and Trine University Valedictorian/Salutatorian Scholars are among a highly select group of freshmen who are officially eligible to live in Trine University's Premier Housing. The Premier Housing provides apartment style living for privacy and quiet study, along with a central living area for group study and entertainment, ample parking spaces in close proximity, security communication boxes and is located within walking distance from all academic buildings, laboratories and library. Each residence is fully equipped with air conditioning, high speed internet access, cable, color television and DVD player, leather upholstered furniture and custom made mattresses.
- The Premier Housing has limited space; assignments will be made no later than summer orientation in June. Eligible candidates must pay the $300 enrollment deposit and submit Housing Application Form before May 1 (deposit is not refundable after May 1).
- Premier Housing residents are eligible to remain in the residence through their sophomore year. In their junior year students will be eligible to live in the Townhouse Villas.
For additional information, call 800.347.4878 or 260.665.4100 or e-mail email@example.com